Thursday, April 7, 2011

Poetry Cover

This project took me a lot longer to think about. Since I submitted one last semester, it took me a while to come up with an idea. For this picture, I decided I wanted to use a person, and show their colourful range of thoughts. For the "thought" I used the butterfly brush as well as a flower brush. Making most of the picture monochromatic and having the window colourful makes it feel like the person is dreaming up a whole new world just out of their reach. I feel like this picture gives the impression of being lost in a world of imagination, which is what poetry really is.

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed that you managed to do something so different from your first semester submission. That shows real growth. This is a sophisticated image. Perhaps the titles could have been bolder, but we'll let the editors deal with that.

    Good explanation. I see that you tired to use art vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete