Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Portraits

For this assignment, I chose to you dogs. The first two pictures are of my puppy, Tazmin. She is a four month old Bull mastiff who has a very expressional face. I took this picture while she was in her crate. The bars of the crate are very worn, giving a jail-like feel. Her eyes are big and sad looking which was perfect for this picture.
 To make the picture more intense, I heightened the contrast to make the bars of the crate look even more harsh. Adding the contrast also made it look more textured without using a filter. Lastly, I changed her eye to bright red and used a blood teardrop from the internet to add a focal point.  
I took this picture when Kai was mid yawn. He is a two year old Thai Ridgeback who can look a little frightening at times. Adding a completely black background made his stand out a lot more.
 To make his yawning a little more intense, I added a filter and changed the colour to sepia. I then found picture of flies from different angles and placed them so that it looks as it the are flying out of his mouth and onto the camera lens.

1 comment:

  1. Taylor, not only do yo have good computer skills, but you are really pushing yourself on the creativity quotient. Well done. No one said a "portrait" is always a person.

    Dogs are challenging subjects because you can't tell them how to pose. You did a good job catching a suitable moment and then capitalizing on the feeling.

    Now...if we could get you to finish on time and eliminate the careless typos...you'd be close to perfect:)

    ReplyDelete