Monday, February 14, 2011

Miniature Forest

For this picture, I really had no goal. It started out bright and colourful, and ended up dark and awkward. I say awkward because I do not like the way it turned out. I feel as though it looks thrown together at the last minute. I gave it the title, " Miniature Forest" because it reminds me almost of the mysterious world that goes on close to the ground. This could be a world in the grass, or even on a forest floor. Where humans cannot fully observe the life without scaring it away. On the left side, I used a tower and a tree stump to create tree houses. Leaning against a nearby tree is a canoe. On the right side, is the animals, separated by a purple, misty river from whatever lives in those houses. I added a dinosaur and a zebra to give the effect of the unknown. The unknowing of what goes on under our feet, in the places we walk.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Taylor, you've got a nugget of a good concept, but it is not your best execution. As I told one of your classmates, sometimes you need to know when to stop. This one feels like maybe it has too many filers and effects. The dinosaurs are cool, but blurry. A crisp insertion of them into a realistic forest might have been more intriguing. That said, I like the subtle purple of the road and the filter texture on the leaves.

    The challenge for you seems to be to have a strong concept before you begin. I think you have that with the dog portraits. Remember that less is more. You don't need to bury them in fancy effects, sometimes its just the right cropping that makes the difference.

    Nice to have you back:)

    ReplyDelete