Monday, November 8, 2010

Painting With Photoshop

For this assignment, I had a lot of trouble coming up with something I liked. All I knew was that I wanted something soft, and dreamlike. I titled this picture Fairies. After I finished it, it reminded me of something mystical like fairies. I used three different brushes to create this. The clouds with the grass are two separate layers. I drew all the grass first and then added the clouds underneath them. I then used a brush from the texture category of brushes to create the "fairies".









I titled this picture, Caught In A Dream. I had another copy of it without the black background but the black brings out the colours a lot more. I used the same grass and cloud-like brush in this picture that i used in the other picture but in a different way. Instead of connecting them, I used one as the ground and one in the sky. I also added stars in two colours.The way they overlap gives dizzy feeling to the viewer, making it more dreamlike. Also, the light from the corner makes it a little more dramatic.

1 comment:

  1. The "Fairies" image is very pleasing. I looks off balance and that seems to give it a sense of movement. There is also a feeling of depth due to the smaller images in the upper right. It is simple yet detailed. Nicely done.

    The "Caught In A Dream" picture has a similar feel but I find the blurry bar in the upper left distracting. It is not clear to me what that is supposed to be. You're right the black makes the soft colours pop.

    ReplyDelete