Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Silkscreen

In this assignment, we had to create pictures using Andy Warhol's silkscreen effect. I tried using a few different pictures, but when I applied the threshold, a lot of my features such as my eyes, nose and mouth were lost. The lighting in this picture was almost perfect for the silkscreen effect, however I had to lighten the picture to make my eyes more visible. I decided to to use three main colours for the background, face and the darkened pieces. These colours were pink, blue and green. I liked having the black in the pictures, but changing the colour added a more interesting effect.

1 comment:

  1. Taylor, you've done a nice job, but the focus of your reflection is a bit off. This task was all about the sue of colour. I think you might have been away for the introductory slide show which made that point. When you're away remind me to catch you up. You can always watch the slide show yourself to make sure you see all the inspirational examples and can understand the focus.

    I love the cropping of this image and you've done a good job getting the features to show. You went beyond the basic expectations by using a colour for the shadows instead of just black. I don't, however, see any organization to your choice of colours. They seem random and don't necessarily bring out the best in each other.

    ReplyDelete