Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fresh Start: The First Blog Of The Semester

      My name is Taylor Damaren and this is the second day of Media Arts. Some things you should know about me to start off are: 
                                      - I own a horse who I ride almost every
                                        day and participate in shows with
                                      - I enjoy being at school
                                      - I have a part time job at TSC
                                      - I don't like to write a lot
                                      - I'm a generally happy person with a
                                        fatal addiction to my phone
      I took media arts not only because I wanted a class that I could actually enjoy, but because I wanted to take it last year and had no room. It feels kind of weird to be in a grade 11 class but I don't mind. Also, I wanted to learn more about Photoshop because my parents bought me a really nice camera last year and I would love to be able to edit the pictures I take.
      The work of Josh Sommers is pretty amazing. I really enjoyed looking at his work and I can't wait to be able to do some of the things that he did. All of his work is very creative and each piece looks like a lot of thought went into it. My favourite picture was the picture where he used the driftwood and merged it so that it became his legs.
      The rules for this course are very straightforward and fair. I think that they are appropriate and won't be hard to abide by. Although my other addiction is Facebook, I think that I will be able to stay off of it for one class a day. Yes, that means that I use it in every other class. Gotta love blackberries!
      The quote, "No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist." by Oscar Wilde is very true. Art is creating something unique and something with opinion. Also, if an artist only saw things for what they are, his work wouldn't be creative or imaginative, instead it would be boring and wouldn't spark much of a reaction.

1 comment:

  1. Taylor, your blog looks great. It has a very girly feel to it which suits you well. I think I can handle your texting addiction as long as it is not interrupting instruction. I need to know you're listing when I'm teaching and that will be a small portion of the period, as most of the time is for you to work.

    Some grammar errors to correct include;
    1. space after periods
    2. always I not i
    3. Photoshop, one word with a capital, same with Facebook
    4. won't gets an apostrophe

    Make these edits please.
    MR

    ReplyDelete