Monday, September 20, 2010

Black and White Photography Assignment

This picture was originally just of the stairs but to make it more interesting I added a boy sitting. To make him look like he was there the whole time I added the same filter as the background, fresco, to the boy. Since he was originally in a colour picture, I needed to change him to black and white as well as darken him to look more natural. I also gave him a shadow by using the eraser on a more transparent setting, This made the shadow match the darkness of the picture without making it look fake.













In this picture I used the cutout filter. I liked this filter because it made it look like a painting. I also lowered the edge simplicity on the filter so that the boy with the white shirt didn't disappear.

















On this picture i put the Sumi-e filter. I used this filter because it made it look like a comic book picture. I raised the contrast on the picture because it looked more artsy when it was darker. The only thing that I had trouble changing was the reflection on the floor. That takes away from the picture because it is too bright.

1 comment:

  1. Taylor, your images are well composed and very interesting. You've done a good job of explaining the technical process. But...you need to read the assignment and rubric. You were asked to title the images to help clarify their message. You were supposed to speak to the significance of the image. As an artist your image should have some depth of meaning, some purpose to communicate. You need to be able to verbalize that meaning.

    ReplyDelete